Tackling the future of plant operation – Jointly towards a digital process industry
Barcelona, 13-14 December 2017
Representatives from the process industry, technology providers, research organizations and academia are invited to this workshop to review promising technologies for optimal plant operation. The workshop will give perspectives on digitalization, and debate the next steps for addressing the needs of the European Process Industry. There will be also be ample opportunity for discussing opportunities for future R&D collaborations.
What you can expect from this workshop:
- Keynote lecture on the digital strategy of Procter & Gamble
- Interactive parallel workshop sessions on the latest results of EU-funded R&D projects:
- Novel online sensing equipment, closed-loop control methods, new software tools for data integration, big data analysis, online monitoring, and engineering support.
- Presentations on industrial case studies from different sectors of process industry will demonstrate the integration of these technologies, and the connection to digitalization will be illustrated.
- The next steps towards digitalization of production in process industry will be discussed jointly with stakeholders from industry and academia.
- There will be opportunities for bilateral meetings to discuss future R&D projects or other collaboration (enabled by a professional B2B-matchmaking platform for booking face-to-face meetings).
The results that will be presented in this workshop have been developed by five EU-funded research projects: CONSENS, DISIRE, iCspec, ProPAT and RECOBA. In these projects, 17 major corporations from diverse sectors of process industry have joined forces with more than 40 technology companies and with research institutes and universities to shape the future of plant operation. This became possible through the SPIRE Private Public Partnership, in which European Commission cooperates with the industry, shaping an R&D agenda according to the future needs of the European process industry.